Sylvia Browne Group, Inc.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Sylvia Browne Group Inc. owns and operates this website (hereafter, the "Site," which shall also include any other websites owned or operated by SylviaBrowne.com, services related to such operation, or any communications related to SylviaBrowne.com). All references hereafter to SylviaBrowne.com shall include Sylvia Browne Group Inc., and, where appropriate, its employees, officers, directors, investors, agents, consultants, assignees, affiliates, partners, contractors, attorneys, accountants, advertisers, and any and all other individuals and organizations providing services on behalf of Sylvia Browne Group Inc..
By using the Site, you, the user of the Site ("you" or "user"), agree to the terms, conditions, notices and guidelines contained in this Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (the "Agreement") and all modifications hereto. Sylvia Browne Group Inc. reserves the right, at its discretion, at any time, to change or modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement applicable to you, or any part thereof and to impose new conditions. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately. Each time you use the Site the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement shall apply to such use. These Terms and Conditions are supplemented by the provisions of The Plain Language Guide to the SylviaBrowne.com Message Boards, the provisions of which are expressly incorporated herein.
Users of the Site should periodically check for changes to this Agreement. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this Agreement on the Site, or by other means by which you obtain notice thereof means you accept those changes.
Please e-mail any questions regarding this Agreement using the "Contact Us" section of the Site. You may have this same information sent to you by e-mail by sending a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU MAY NOT USE THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE SITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
SYLVIA BROWNE GROUP, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR REVOKE SERVICE TO YOU OR ANY USER AT ANY TIME.
SYLVIABROWNE.COM SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE CONTENT OF THE SITE AND USE THEREOF TO DETERMINE COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
1. Intellectual Property. The Site and all of its content including, but not limited to, articles, other text, photographs, illustrations, graphics, product names, designs, logos, video material, and audio clips (collectively, "the Intellectual Property") are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States, as well as international conventions and the laws of other countries. The Intellectual Property is owned or controlled by Sylvia Browne Group Inc. or the party credited as the provider or owner of the Intellectual Property. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on the Site is the exclusive property of Sylvia Browne Group Inc. and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on the Site is the property of Sylvia Browne Group Inc. or commercial software suppliers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, you may view, copy, download, or print material appearing on the Site ("Site Materials") subject to the following conditions:
▪ The Site Materials may only be used for your personal, non-commercial use;
▪ The Site Materials may not be modified
▪ All copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices contained in all such Site Materials may not be altered or deleted and the following notice must appear on each copy of Site Materials: "Copyright © 2019 Sylvia Browne Group Inc. All rights reserved. Protected by the copyright laws of the United States and international treaties" must appear on each copy of Site Materials.
The copying, modification, revision, reproduction, republication, uploading, posting, transmission, or distribution for commercial or non-personal purposes of any Site Material or elements from the Site including, but not limited to, the design or layout of the Site, individual elements of the Site's design, or the Sylvia Browne Group Inc. logo or other "Trademarks" as defined below, without the express written permission of Sylvia Browne Group Inc., or other owners of the Intellectual Property is strictly prohibited. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any Site Materials on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited.
2. User Submissions. Any messages, suggestions, materials, photos, works of art or authorship, ideas, or concepts that are submitted through the Site by Users ("Submitted Materials") shall become, and remain, the property of Sylvia Browne Group Inc.. You agree that any Submitted Materials, in whole or in part, may be used by Sylvia Browne Group Inc. or any of its affiliates for any purpose including modification, reproduction, transmission, publication, advertising, press, publicity, broadcast, and posting in any media, including but not limited to in connection with television and/or radio broadcasts affiliated with SylviaBrowne.com. You additionally agree that Sylvia Browne Group Inc. is free to use any ideas, concepts, techniques, or know-how contained in any Submitted Materials you send to or post on or via the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, marketing, and selling products and services based upon such information without any obligation to compensate you or anyone else for them. By submitting such Submitted Materials, you are assigning and transferring any and all right, title and interest in Submitted Materials to SylviaBrowne.com, including any moral rights. You represent and warrant that Submitted Materials do not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights. You agree not to transmit any unlawful, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or profane material, any material submitted without permission under another person's name, or other material that could constitute or encourage conduct that could be considered a criminal offense or violate any law. You shall not, without the express written approval of Sylvia Browne Group Inc. submit any materials which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services, including any on-line information services competitive with Sylvia Browne Group Inc.. Site shall have the right, in its sole discretion to edit or remove any material portion of Submitted Materials, which in its sole discretion, it finds to be in violation of the provisions of this agreement or otherwise objectionable.
DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE CONTACT INFORMATION IN ANY MESSAGE BOARDS OR OTHER PART OF THE SITE ACCESSIBLE TO USERS, INCLUDING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER, HOME, BUSINESS OR EMAIL ADDRESS. ANY POSTING OF SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS EXPRESSLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
3. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, and service marks, including but not limited to (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are the trademarks of Sylvia Browne Group Inc. and other parties. All rights reserved. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Sylvia Browne Group Inc. or the third party that owns the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in this Agreement, is strictly prohibited. Any other trademarks appearing on Sylvia Browne Group Inc. which are not the property of the Site are the property of the respective owners.
4. User Responsibilities. You agree that you will provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration process and that you will update that information as necessary to maintain its accuracy. You agree that you will conduct yourself in a mature manner that lends itself to civil discourse, and that you shall use Sylvia Browne Group Inc. for lawful purposes only. Further, you agree not to use any facilities or resources available on or through Sylvia Browne Group Inc. to perpetrate prohibited conduct, whether against Sylvia Browne Group Inc., or any other third party. Examples of prohibited conduct include, but are not limited to chain letters, pornography, unsolicited advertising, postings which are deemed excessive in number or deemed to be initiated to harm the business of Sylvia Browne Group Inc., or other communication that creates a nuisance or is otherwise offensive to the recipient or the Sylvia Browne Group Inc. audience. If you engage in prohibited conduct and/or if your behavior leads to complaints from other users, is deemed in the discretion of the employees, management or staff of Sylvia Browne Group Inc. to be harassing or objectionable, or you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if Sylvia Browne Group Inc. has reason to believe such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Sylvia Browne Group Inc. has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse you any or all current and future use of any of the Site, or the services Sylvia Browne Group Inc. offers, without any further obligation to you, other than as provided in Section 8 below.
5. Memberships. Payment for the service or products provided to you at and/or through this Site may be made by automatic credit card or check debit and you hereby authorize Sylvia Browne Group Inc. to transact such payments on your behalf.
You may elect to become an Inner Circle Member of Sylvia Browne Group Inc. ("SylviaBrowne.com") by purchasing a reoccurring, gift, or lifetime membership to Sylvia Browne Group Inc.. By purchasing a membership, you hereby agree that Sylvia Browne Group Inc. may immediately authorize your credit card (or other approved facility) in the amount equal to the then current membership rate ("Inner Circle Member Membership Fee") for each period of Inner Circle Member membership (the "Inner Circle Member Membership Period"). A lifetime membership is based on the lifetime of the Site and not the lifetime of the user. Inner Circle Membership Fees are earned upon receipt and are non-refundable whether or not the cancellation is at your request during an Inner Circle Membership Period. By making such a purchase, you also authorize Sylvia Browne Group Inc. to charge the then prevailing Inner Circle Member Membership Fee amount to your credit card (or other approved facility) again during each subsequent Inner Circle Membership Period (unless you purchased a lifetime membership). If you decide to terminate your Inner Circle Membership, you must do so by notifying Customer Service AT LEAST one day prior to the end of the then current Inner Circle Membership Period. If you do not cancel your Inner Circle Membership at least one day prior to the end of the then current Inner Circle Membership Period, your Inner Circle Membership shall automatically renew until the end of the next Inner Circle Membership Period following the receipt of the notice of termination. You will be charged the Inner Circle Membership Fee for this final Inner Circle Membership Period at the then current Inner Circle Membership Fee. If you have a question about a transaction on your credit card statement please use the Contact Us link on www.sylviabrowne.com to contact customer service.
Memberships can be cancelled at any time by contacting Customer Service by phone at (408) 379-7070 or by email from the Contact Us page.
As an Inner Circle Site Member of Sylvia Browne Group Inc. you agree that your Inner Circle Membership is non-transferable and may not be assigned or transferred to any other person or entity, nor may you provide any other person or entity access to your subscription, either directly or indirectly. You must keep your password strictly confidential. You agree to be personally liable for all charges you incur during or through the use of the Site. Your liability for such charges shall continue after termination of your Inner Circle Member Membership for any reason as provided in Section 8 below.
7. Limits on Liability. You agree that at no time during or after the term of this Agreement shall Sylvia Browne Group Inc. be liable for:
▪ The contents of any communication, message, or other information sent by you or third parties to Sylvia Browne Group Inc., or posted by you or other third parties on any part of the Site;
▪ The contents of any website not controlled, owned, or operated by Sylvia Browne Group Inc. that is accessed from or linked to any part of the Site;
▪ Any damages or injury caused by, including but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, or line failure; and
▪ The results of any interpersonal interactions to which you are exposed or in which you become involved through the Site or other Sylvia Browne Group Inc. services, and
▪ Any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or relating to use of or inability to use any of the Site or related services, or download any of the software through any of the Site, even if Sylvia Browne Group Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of any of the Site, any services or products, or with any of these Terms of Service, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site; and
▪ Any termination or suspension of your membership subscription as provided in this Agreement, or any consequence thereof.
Sylvia Browne Group Inc. may include links to other Internet sites, both related and unrelated to the Site. Additionally, other sites may link to the Site with or without the permission of Sylvia Browne Group Inc.. Descriptions of or references to individuals, companies, products, services or publications not owned by Sylvia Browne Group Inc. on the Site or any linked website do not imply any endorsement of such individuals, companies, products, or publications by Sylvia Browne Group Inc.. Sylvia Browne Group Inc. shall not be liable for any damages or costs arising out of or in any way connected with your use or involvement with any of the individuals, companies, products, services, or publications accessed through the Site.
8. Termination. In addition and without prejudice to any other legal or equitable remedies available to Sylvia Browne Group Inc., Sylvia Browne Group Inc. may, in its sole and absolute discretion, terminate your right to use the Site and/or any Inner Circle Member Membership at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Subject to the "Survivability" provisions of Section 12 below, you may terminate this Agreement by closing your account with Sylvia Browne Group Inc., and terminating your Inner Circle Member Membership by paying any and all outstanding balances owed by you to Sylvia Browne Group Inc. under that Inner Circle Member Membership Period incurred prior to the date of such closing by you as provided in Section 5 above, and by ceasing any and all use of the Site. You agree that in the event your Inner Circle Member Membership is terminated by Sylvia Browne Group Inc., your sole remedy for damages resulting from the termination or otherwise shall be the return to you of the remaining prorated portion of your current Inner Circle Member Membership Fee.
9. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold